What is your and? That is, what do you do outside work? That’s the topic of this episode of CFO Bookshelf. Our guest is a former PwC internal auditor turned stand-up comedian. John Garrett is now preaching a message of better corporate cultures through speaking and consulting, and he is the author of What’s Your And?
- The move from accountant to comedian
- Being careful about following your dreams and making it a job
- John was probably in your city at one time doing stand-up comedy
- John addresses the reception of his new book
- We learn John’s and (sorry, no spoilers)
- His book belongs on the shelf next to other great authors on organizational health
- We learn if John’s work actually makes a difference with business leaders
- We learn how ‘What’s Your And?’ could play out at a strategic planning retreat
- John tells us about his ideal client – are you a white collar nerd?
Stump the Expert
We had some fun having John guessing the ‘and’ of the following big names. Do you know the answers?
Buy the Book
Just do it – get the book and read it. It will only take about 2 hours from start to finish. Give it to your entire team, your CEO and the rest of the shareholders.
Then go find out the ‘and’ of each of your fellow team members. This book is easily 5 stars.
Where Else Can We Find John Garrett?
Let’s start with John’s podcast. It’s outstanding, and I bet you can guess the show’s format.
To learn more about John’s speaking and consulting services, head over to his website to learn more.
I also bet if you ask John for a Linkedin connection, he’ll accept it. Be ready to give him your ‘and’ when he responds.
John, keep being awesome with your AND. I can’t wait for the sequel.