At the end of 2020, I invited Jane Thier to the show to talk about last year’s big stories – most were related to COVID. With the first half of 2021 in our rearview mirror, I wanted to touch base with Jane again to get her perspective on the headlines that mattered the most. I also quizzed her about the stories we’ll be reading about in the near future and beyond. Out of curiosity, we got to hear the names of three CFOs Jane would like to interview.
- The top stories of the first half of 2021
- Endowment spending – one of Jane’s longer articles
- SPACs – are they going away or staying?
- Hybrid working models
- CFOs Jane would like to meet and interview
- The company Jane is keeping an eye on
We finish every interview with the guest’s favorite book. Outside office hours, Jane stays away from finance books. Her favorite book this year is a best-selling book about schizophrenia which chronicles a family of 12 in which ten suffered from this crippling disease. Amazon reviewers give it 4.5 stars on average out of nearly 11,000 ratings. The book is Hidden Valley Road by Robert Kolker and Sean Pratt.
Who is Jane Thier?
- Reporter at CFO Dive (Industry Dive)
- Graduate in English Literature at Washington University (St. Louis)
- Former guest on the CFO Bookshelf podcast
The Newsletter for CFOs
CFO Bookshelf not only looks forward to receiving the CFO Dive daily newsletter, but we also recommend it. You can sign here with just an email address.