Every business reader has heard of a BHAG thanks to the writing of Jim Collins. But do you know how to achieve a BHAG? Successful entrepreneur, consultant, author, and speaker, Shannon Susko, has found that answer through her 3HAG framework and supporting execution tools. If you love the writing of Verne Harnish, then you’ll enjoy listening to Shannon whose enthusiasm is infectious.
Who Is Shannon Susko?
- Successful start-up co-founder – Paradata started in 1995 and sold in 2006 – Subserveo started in 2008 and sold in 2011
- Co-founder of Metronome Growth Systems
- Author of three books
- Shoutouts to Kaihan Krippendorf and Verne Harnish
- Why read another book about strategy and execution?
- The barrier to planning and getting unstuck
- What is 3HAG and how does it compare to BHAG?
- Where is the best place to create the 3HAG and with whom?
- Is a coach needed?
- The Key Process/Function Flow Map
- The Attribution Framework
- Positioning Statement
- The 36-month Rolling Forecase (not what you think it is)
- The 3HAG cadence
Your Next Listen
During my conversation with Shannon Susko, we talked about the recommended cadence once the 3HAG has been created. If you want to explore more ideas on this practice, consider listening to my interview with OKRs expert, Christina Wodtke. Her 4-square weekly cadence is outstanding, and it’s a process that’s been working for her and her teams for years.