Scott Augenbaum is back for a bonus episode of the CFO Bookshelf Podcast. Scott is a retired special agent from the FBI with expertise in cybersecurity. He’s also the author of The Secret to Cybersecurity: A Simple Plan to Protect Your Family and Business from Cybercrime. In this brief discussion, we get 5 cybersecurity holiday shopping tips.
The Holiday Tips
- Think before you click by becoming a human firewall.
- Only shop from reputable retailers.
- It’s better to pay by Venmo after you receive your goods.
- Use a credit card, not a debit card.
- On mobile devices, be careful about clicking on text messages.
Check out our longer interview with Scott where he talks in-depth about the work of cyber criminals along with the four truths of cybercrime.
Don’t Forget to Read Scott’s Book
This book reads fast. It’s not just for the controller, CFO, or even the CEO. This book is also for parents and caregivers of the elderly. This is a five-star book.