Bruce and I enjoyed our recent conversation with Amy Bruske, the president of Kolbe Corporation who educated us about our conative strengths. This week, Bruce and I wanted to dive deeper into this topic because it’s practical, actionable, and predictable. We also explored why many teams are stuck and can’t get projects moving along.
Questions and Show Highlights
- What is the Kolbe A™ Index
- What are the 3 distinctive parts of the human mind?
- The 4 Kolbe Action Modes™ are Fact Finder, Follow Thru, Quick Start, and Implementor. Mark’s favorite cheat sheet on these concepts is on this Kolbe page.
- You cannot prep for the assessment.
- What is conative stress?
- Not a feel-good exercise like many personality tests. This one is actionable and predictable and an ideal tool in the pre- and onboarding process for new staff.
- We misuse the word teams in the business. Kolbe gives us greater insights on how teams work and how inertia takes place.
- You cannot flip a switch and say, “I’ll be a Quick Start today.”
Mark’s Favorite Book on Kolbe and Conation
A Kolbe Results Example
We all know that Bruce is awesome, right? Well, here’s his Kolbe profile, and notice he got a perfect score without cheating.
How to Learn More
If you want to learn how to implement the Kolbe Wisdom™ in your company or small team, feel free to reach out to Mark on LinkedIn.